About the Author
John Carlton Gallawa
(Polish version translated by Olga Babenko)
Technical Writer, Publisher & Consultant
- Various Publications
- Contributor and Signer
of the current "Microwave Oven" article for The World Book Encyclopedia.
- Articles published in national trade magazines, Electronic Servicing
& Technology; Appliance TechTalk
- BBC radio interview for the program: The Serendipity of Science.
(Broadcast Date: September 2001)
- Microwave consultant for various newspapers; expert witness for attorney.
- The Complete Microwave Oven Service Handbook on CD-ROM (1999 - Present).
Received excellent reviews, one such by writer Mike Staats [alias Capt. Toolhead],
Appliance Service News, October 2001 Issue )
- The Complete Microwave Oven Handbook:Operation, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
and Repair (ISBN 0-13-162017-7)
- Hardcover, 406-page textbook
- Published in 1989 by Prentice Hall, Division of Simon and Schuster
- Thousands of copies sold to schools, colleges, libraries, and repair
shops throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe.
- Manual de Reparació n de Hornos de Microhondas Operació n,
mantenimiento y localizació n de fallas (ISBN 0-13-162017-7)
- Spanish edition published in 1992 by Prentice Hall Hispanoamericana,
- Over 12,000 copies sold
- You Can Fix Microwave Ovens, Plus VCR Know-How
- Comprehensive instructional video and textbook series.
- Running time:approximately 4 hours
- Available in Standard and Professional Editions
- First published in 1998
- Updated version no available.
- Various articles published in national trade magazines, Electronic Servicing
& Technology; Appliance TechTalk
Permission for use of copyrighted educational material granted to:
Harvard Business School
Lockheed Martin Space Operations (NASA)
National Center for Construction Education and Research
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The Open University (UK)
- and others
- Conducted comprehensive course in public reading, speaking and teaching
where all assignments and subsequent counsel were presented in front of live
- Quality control engineering technician for data communication corporation
- Designed custom test rigs and formulated specific test procedures.
- Effected significant modifications to various data transmission, video
switching, and remote control supervisory equipment.
- In 1971 began servicing commercial microwave ovens in the vending industry.
- Authored a technical course of instruction on microwave oven operation
- In 1977 established Microtech .
- Starting out as a part-time, home-based business, Microtech has grown into a thriving and distinguished electronic service center. Microtech is committed to providing rapid, economical, reliable,
and customer-oriented services, and continues to maintain the high standards
of workmanship and customer satisfaction necessary to qualify as a factory
authorized service center for most electronics and appliance manufacturers.
- Graduate of U.S. Naval Surface to Air Missile Fire Control Technician
School Class A, Phases I and II, and Class C
- Courses of instruction in the operation, testing, maintenance, and
repair of simulated shipboard missile fire control systems including weapons
directions systems, missiles, and associated support equipment.
- Graduate of Washington School of Drafting
- Specialized in mechanical technology concepts and electromechanical
- Cleveland Institute of Electronics
- Electronics course designed to prepare students for 1st Class FCC exam
- Certified Factory Service Schools
- Amana, Panasonic, Quasar, Sharp, Litton, Sub-Zero, Thermador, Maytag
- 1990 Consumer Electronics Programs Video Cassette Recorder Servicing
School sponsored by The Consumer Electronics Group of the Electronic Industries Association. Graduated with certificate.
| Send e-mail to email@example.com
Copyright © 2013
|Copyright Information | Return to Home Page | Back